Questions and Answers to the Stage 2 LRT team.

Shane

Hello everyone,

I have made a request to the Stage 2 LRT team to get some additional information on a variety of areas. You can find my questions listed below. I will present the answers once they have been received.

I am also hoping to receive current renders of the stations, to update the appropriate station pages on the site. Some of the imagery dates back to 2019, which no doubt have changed as the project has progressed.

----Questions----

1. When do we expect the Stadler FLIRT trains to be tested and seen on the Line?
  2. What is the maximum speed anticipated to be on Line 2, and where you expect this to occur?
  3. Are there any renders of the interior of the FLIRT trains at this time or is the design still being finalized?
  4. Line 2 and 4 will have a new signalling system by Siemens, do you know the model that is being used? Will the existing Indusi system be completely removed?
  5. Montreal Station on the Eastern Extension has the new highway overpasses open and in place. Will the current spacing between the Eastbound and Westbound overpasses be maintained after Stage 2 opens or will the alignment be narrowed? Do we expect an additional lane on the highway in the interior?
  6. Do the longer term plans for Bayview Station include vertical circulation to the new Line 2 eastern platform?
  1. Will the pedestrian plaza as shown in the early renders at Corso Italia still exist as previously depicted?
  1. In regards to Pinecrest Station, the current Transitway is level with the highway until it dips a bit for Bayshore. Will the train guideway be trenched after Pinecrest?
  1. At Carleton Station, is station access from the north or south underpass being protected for (similar to how there is a station entrance in the underpass at uOttawa)? In addition, is there any connectivity being designed or implemented between the station and the Carleton University tunnel system? If so, how is it envisioned, and where would it be?
  1. Is a MUP between the Rideau River and Mooney's Bay bundled into the project
  1. Is there a rough timeline that can be shared that highlights major work or milestones being started or completed?
  2. Is there any update on the Stage 2 Confederation Line vehicles?
  3. Is there any data on the percentage of people within reasonable walking distance of an O-Train Station, and the percentage of jobs within reasonable walking distance? (Reasonable Walking Distance as approximately 800m).
  4. Would you have an update on when we may see LRV units 1106, 1107, 1126, 1136 and 1141 and above in service or testing?

Answers will be shared and I also plan to do a video on the topic to go over the different points.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. It was narrow, then they built the new bridges spaced out further. Once the station opens, it is hard to imagine them building yet again new bridges to take the now current ones down after only a few years.

19 minutes ago, Shane said:

Exactly. It was narrow, then they built the new bridges spaced out further. Once the station opens, it is hard to imagine them building yet again new bridges to take the now current ones down after only a few years.

Looking at the piers, it looks like they left enough space for additional lanes on the outside, but not the inside. That may rule out expanding the highway inward or shifting the decks inward after the station is complete. 

I guess we won't get that weather protected tunnel effect.