Posting on Rail Fans

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please do not post content from other sites or forums on RailFans. the primary focus and scope of this site is on Rail Transportation and at this time there is about 1500 posts on the O-Train and arou

9 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

I personally think it is.

People here I find are more friendly here than the CPTDB.

Never been. I just tried now, and I'm not allowed to view content. That says everything I need to know! 

17 hours ago, J.OT13 said:

Never been. I just tried now, and I'm not allowed to view content. That says everything I need to know! 

It's just the National Capital Region they made private due to content from getting copied and pasted on to this forum.

1 hour ago, STO_1601 said:

It's just the National Capital Region they made private due to content from getting copied and pasted on to this forum.

That's exactly why that happened, You kept just copying and pasting between forums...

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Loud-Invero said:

That's exactly why that happened, You kept just copying and pasting between forums...

I wasn't the only who did that, other members kept doing it such as @OC Transpo/STO Fan did that by posting info that originated from the CPTDB not coping and pasting. 

Edited by STO_1601

I was not aware that this was taking place. I will state that copying from one site to another is not permitted on Rail Fans.

Furthermore, if this is in fact the sole reason the NCR forum was set to private, that is unfortunate. As always, if there is ever an issue, I am always available to be contacted. If information is being posted on CPTDB, please do not re-post here (or at a minimum, say there is new information and provide a link for interested people wishing to see it).

I will be investigating and reviewing the situation  

Thank you.

19 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

I wasn't the only who did that, other members kept doing it such as @OC Transpo/STO Fan did that by posting info that originated from the CPTDB not coping and pasting. 

To be fair, I did specifically mention on a fair number of my posts (except for a few times, oops, my mistake!) that the info I was posting came from the CPTDB and not from me. 

If Shane deems that it's not okay to be posting info from the CPTDB on here even with credit due to the Ottawa section being private, then I'm more than happy to respect that. I've also stopped doing it as soon as it went private because I did not want to get in trouble for it.

Edited by OC Transpo/STO Fan

Please do not post content from other sites or forums on RailFans. the primary focus and scope of this site is on Rail Transportation and at this time there is about 1500 posts on the O-Train and around 700 on buses. I would encourage the discussions to focus on Rail over bus as the audience for bus on these sites is very limited. Off topic discussions are welcome but the proportion is clearly out of balance. 

At this time, the existing posts will remain but no further posting of this nature will be allowed. Again I encourage you all to shift the discussion to Rail. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Shane said:

Please do not post content from other sites or forums on RailFans. the primary focus and scope of this site is on Rail Transportation and at this time there is about 1500 posts on the O-Train and around 700 on buses. I would encourage the discussions to focus on Rail over bus as the audience for bus on these sites is very limited. Off topic discussions are welcome but the proportion is clearly out of balance. 

At this time, the existing posts will remain but no further posting of this nature will be allowed. Again I encourage you all to shift the discussion to Rail. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Does this include newspaper articles?

Articles should be linked to and not copy pasted on to the site. 
Further more, Stage 2 newsletters, or press releases from the city can be posted in full but those are generally the only exceptions.