360 Tour of Blair station and the old pedestrian overpass

I see that there is a new 360 degree tour posted to the OCTranspo site http://www.octranspo.com/en/ready-for-rail/designed-with-you-in-mind/my-station/

Is it just me or does the old overpass that goes though the Blair station look to be in rather poor shape? There are a huge number of cracks in the underside of that old overpass, they look to have been sealed so not likely an issue but it certainly doesn't look very nice in a brand new station. I also see drains in the bottom of the overpass that just dump water into the station, one of them has icicles hanging from it, and they appear to be over train platform areas, I guess we will have to keep our eyes open for falling ice in the winter time when inside the station. Why wouldn't they have put in down spouts to carry the water away ?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jim Henry said:

Is it just me or does the old overpass that goes though the Blair station look to be in rather poor shape? There are a huge number of cracks in the underside of that old overpass, they look to have been sealed so not likely an issue but it certainly doesn't look very nice in a brand new station. I also see drains in the bottom of the overpass that just dump water into the station, one of them has icicles hanging from it, and they appear to be over train platform areas, I guess we will have to keep our eyes open for falling ice in the winter time when inside the station. Why wouldn't they have put in down spouts to carry the water away ?

It is an eye sore... Since the station has received its occupancy permit, it must have been looked at and deemed perfectly safe.

This virtual tour images seems to date back a month or so given the state of the ground where we can still see some snow.

Let's hope they did some cosmetic work since, because it just clashes with the rest.

The old Transitway structures that are being kept should be refreshed... it's been there for over thirty years under punishing Canadian weather.

The bus platform at Saint-Laurent Station is a good example. Don't throw it away, but repaint it so it can last a few years more. There will come a time when it will be necessary to rebuild: this train will still be there in 100 years.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

This virtual tour images seems to date back a month or so given the state of the ground where we can still see some snow.

I just realized it says on the web page that Blair's virtual tour was captured in March...

On 5/11/2019 at 3:13 PM, Phil said:

I just realized it says on the web page that Blair's virtual tour was captured in March...

True, but I don't imagine any further work has been done since then, though I hope I am wrong and they have done something to prevent those drains from dropping water/ice on the station platforms. Blair was finished after all last summer, at least that is what the Mayor said in video published in July 2018 saying it was the "first complete station".