OC Transpo/STO Fan

A tribute to Route 95!

The 95 as of October 6, 2019 was split up into new routes 75 and 39.

This is a very sad time in OC Transpo history as we have lost one of the routes that brought riders all over Ottawa. I expected this change to come eventually but I'm still shocked the 95 is no more.

Replacements: The 39 is from Orleans to Blair, and the 75 goes from Barrhaven to Tunney's Pasture, but will extend to Gatineau during peak periods. So in essence, the route stays the same but is simply split into two.

The 95 was a Transitway route. As such, it was very busy especially during peak times. It went from Barrhaven to Orleans and vice versa.

The 95 lasted from June 2, 1980 to October 6, 2019, albeit with some modifications such as extra trips added and 24 hour service starting in September 2009.

I never did get any rides on the 95 but I wish I had gotten at least one ride in before they got rid of it.

Fun fact: 6485 was the last ever bus to run on an 95 (specifically Barrhaven Centre). Presumably around 4:00AM on Oct. 6, it finished its run. 6514 was the first to be on the N75 (Barrhaven Centre).

Here's a link to JLeiper's twitter with photos of 6485 and 6514 posed together:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JLeiper/status/1180756798581723137/photo/1

Edited by OC Transpo/STO Fan

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for behind the scenes looks and video content : www.youtube.com/railfans

A legendary route to be sure.

While I didn't have the time to ride it this past Saturday, I did get a few video shots of the 95 heading in it's classic destinations of Orleans and Baseline.

1 minute ago, Shane said:

A legendary route to be sure.

While I didn't have the time to ride it this past Saturday, I did get a few video shots of the 95 heading in it's classic destinations of Orleans and Baseline.

Great Ikarus recording!

May I ask when that photo of the Ikarus was taken? I may actually consider using it for the vintage photo thread if you don't mind since it's such a good photo.

Route 95 after Barrhaven Centre, on its way to Cambrian on October 5th, 2019. The driver paused a bit after he dropped us off to catch a few pics of D60LF #6389 bearing a number which is history now.DSC04165.thumb.JPG.132951e959b2ae7a0e7b854ac86384b2.JPG

Another picture of a 95 from the same location (while waiting for a return trip that was late), this time with D60LFR #6428 at the helm.

DSC04192.thumb.JPG.92d9266054d16ae4a5df90b266319947.JPG