Stage 1 - Confederation Line - Construction Updates

21 hours ago, DavidBellerive said:

EDIT: I can't seem to figure out how to attach a video to this. Oups.

You would have to upload it to YouTube or Vimo and post the link. As the Upload limit for this forum is 48.83MB

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep, that's pretty much all from the chianello article, which was mostly truthful but taken to mean different things out of context. If rtg keeps up with snow removal, I don't anticipate any significa

Yesterday, I recorded an informational video with Mayor Jim Watson and at that time he shared the good news that we are now awaiting occupancy on only one station.  Rail is almost here and big mi

Finally Google has added flyover imagery including Line 1! This thing is absolutely beautiful and while the wait sucks it will all be worth it!    

Posted Images

I know this is not exactly a construction update, but I think fits in.

"Ottawa’s top rail planner has reached the end of the line at city hall."

"Swail, who is the director of O-Train planning, was the lead staffer in charge of delivering the $4.6-billion rail expansion, which was the cornerstone election promise of Mayor Jim Watson."

Quotes are from: https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/o-train-planner-chris-swail-departing-city-hall

Chris Swail could be the Fulgence Bienvenue of Ottawa. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulgence_Bienvenüe

Towards the end of the article we can read.  "The city’s auditor general is investigating the procurement of the Stage 2 contracts after hearing concerns about the bidding process."

However, for the time being, I just hope the City will have a special way of recognizing the hard work and leadership of Mr. Swail that has led us to Ligth Rail.

Update just posted on the French side of the website:

All stations except Rideau have received their occupancy permits. I think the last time I checked Lyon and Parliament/Parlement were still pending.

All 34 trains have completed their DPICO, tests.

The update says that now the tests are about operational situations.

So this is this it? The final stretch before the finish line?

Notice of Postponement: Finance and Economic Development Committee

Ottawa – Due to the current State of Emergency as well as Council and staff’s focus on the City’s flood response and relief efforts, the Finance and Economic Development Committee meeting scheduled for Tuesday May 7, 2019 has been rescheduled to Friday May 10, 2019.

I'd be curious to know: does the Confederation Line use propane switch heaters or electric ones?

The Trillium line uses propane, and has clearly identified location for the pipes, but I cannot identify any similar marker on the Confederation Line, leading me to believe they might be electric instead.

Just a reminder that the FEDCO meeting (and Confederation Line update) will take place tomorrow morning at 9:30am. The usual lineup of information will be shared on the site as it becomes available, sometime following the meeting's conclusion. The link will be on the site's frontpage.

Biggest updates from FEDCO i heard today:

*All 13 stations have occupancy permits

*RTG has submitted substantial completion. City is not in agreement. It is up to an independent certifier to approve or deny

*Once Substantial competition is achieved, 12 day trial runs begin. Once that is done the safety auditor signs off as the final step

Minor notes:

*The city says the main item preventing substantial completion is several small issues with the trains. Some paper work is also needed.

*Derailment last week was due to switch error. Switches in the yard are still manual; human error caused the derailment

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 8:27 PM, DavidBellerive said:

I'd be curious to know: does the Confederation Line use propane switch heaters or electric ones?

The Trillium line uses propane, and has clearly identified location for the pipes, but I cannot identify any similar marker on the Confederation Line, leading me to believe they might be electric instead.

They're gas in the yard, electric on the mainline.

• Like 2
  • Shane changed the title to Stage 1 - Confederation Line - Construction Updates
  • Shane pinned this topic

The city has extended the deadline for proposals for the retail spaces at the O-Train stations, now until July 10.

Is it a sign they didn't get any submission, or that the interested parties requested an extension? ?

https://ottawa.ca/en/business/doing-business-city/city-properties-sale-and-lease#retail-spaces-lease-o-train-confederation-line-light-rail-stations

Good find. Could also be that those that applied did not meet the cities criteria or vision for the businesses. I know they had set out requirements and a vision for how they wanted them to look and operate.

Are you sure about propane at all Trillium Line switch heaters?   This one at Carleton seems to have natural gas pipes out of the ground.  Can’t say I’ve noticed propane tanks along the line.

The signal box is at top right. 

4E54AB8B-5F68-4993-A4A1-EA6DC2105479.png

• Shane unpinned this topic
  • Shane locked this topic