New Double-Decker Deliveries

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few were spotted on the 417 but none have entered service yet.

Overall, it looks pretty good, but that "swooosh" on the side... The City chose a livery for the trains without engaging the public (like Montreal or Calgary did), which would have gone. a long w

I find this new livery looks better on the NovaBus LFS than it does on the double deckers. Oh the DD buses, I would have preferred that the red of the rear leaf on the sides had been extended more upw

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Shane said:

How many total should we have once the orders are all complete? How many more are being ordered with these recent orders?

We currently have 132 total double-deckers numbered 8001-09, 11-16, 18-75, 8101-54, 56-60 (8010 retired due to a fire, 8017 was involved with a VIA Train crash & 8155 was involved with a crash at Westboro Station)

There are 19 more coming this year numbered 8161-8179 (8178 & 8179 haven't arrived yet and will possibly be delayed with the borders shut down for COVID-19)

So that would make a grand total of 151 double-deckers.

2 hours ago, DavidBellerive said:

Has any of them been seen on the roads already? I would presume they are still going through acceptance or final fittings.

A few were spotted on the 417 but none have entered service yet.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Posted on July 3rd by Wilson on Twitter.

Check out our new ride! Yesterday, some of our 19 new double-decker buses entered service. Though they're identical to the 8100s, they sport the new paint scheme, like that on our NovaBuses. Keep an eye out for them, numbered 8161 to 8179! #OCTranspo #OttCity

I personally haven't seen one on the road yet but in the thread there is mentions of more than one unit (8168, 8172, 8176)

image.png

Overall, it looks pretty good, but that "swooosh" on the side...

The City chose a livery for the trains without engaging the public (like Montreal or Calgary did), which would have gone. a long way in getting people excited about the project. The livery they chose included a "swooosh" that was on the bus stop flags, but never truly a well known part of the OC Transpo brand. The City re-branded OC Transpo AFTER choosing a livery for the trains, eliminating the "swooosh" in favour of the "O". 

Today, we have a modern system with modern branding, but using an outdated "swooosh" graphic on trains and buses. They really doubled-down on it. 

• Like 1

I find this new livery looks better on the NovaBus LFS than it does on the double deckers. Oh the DD buses, I would have preferred that the red of the rear leaf on the sides had been extended more upwards than it does as the white space seems vastly different than the other buses and look that we have grown accustomed to over the past many years.

• Like 1
  • Shane changed the title to New Double-Decker Deliveries
  • 2 weeks later...

Not my observations (this comes from CPTDB):

The new double deckers now come with six American Seating BC-55 seats in the priority seating area instead of the older American Seating Vision seats. However, the rest of the seats remain unchanged as far as I know.

A minor change, but these new buses have defroster vents for all windows, both top and bottom deck, likely in response to an issue with condensation with 8001-8075 back when they were new.

And finally, the new buses come with a second NSAS screen installed on the bottom deck past the staircase.