Jump to content

O-Train Service Patterns, Frequencies and Travel Times


J.OT13

Recommended Posts

Quite a difference. I hope the travel times on that document are correct, otherwise the City will once again accept a rail line that falls well below what's outlined in the contract. 

For reference, someone calculated 9-10 minutes from LF to Tunney's based on the numbers I received from the Stage 2 team. 

Edited by J.OT13
Link to post
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's Stage 2's response (impressed with how quickly they replied this time around). Seems the estimates went up, which is not surprising after a year's experience with Stage 1.   

I remember City staff providing estimates during a meeting a while back. It might have been in February or March 2019. I seem to recall it was under an hour (53 minutes?) between Trim and Moodie, but

I've sent an email to the Stage 2 team requesting this information, and then-some: Trim-Moodie Blair-Moodie Trim-Baseline   Moodie-Lincoln Fields Baseline-Lincoln Fields  

Posted Images

12 hours ago, occheetos said:

To add a bit more confusion into the mix, here is a relevant excerpt of the project agreement:

Why are the EB (Eastbound?) times and WB (Westbound?) times so different, with the exception of Tunney-Lincoln F?

Link to post
  • Moderator
1 hour ago, Phil said:

Why are the EB (Eastbound?) times and WB (Westbound?) times so different, with the exception of Tunney-Lincoln F?

I'm not sure what's with the big difference for Blair to Trim (the weird curves east of Blair maybe?) but for the other's it's undoubtedly because of the flyover and switching required.

Link to post
4 hours ago, occheetos said:

I'm not sure what's with the big difference for Blair to Trim (the weird curves east of Blair maybe?) but for the other's it's undoubtedly because of the flyover and switching required.

Thank you for that.

I was also wondering if there could be a difference, at the rush hour, in the dwelling times Eastbound and Westbound, but i don't see how the fleet could go at a different pace in each direction.

 

Link to post
  • 4 months later...
  • Moderator
Hello all, I reached out to OC Transpo to get some more up to date information and clarification on Stage 2 service patterns on the Confederation Line (to be operated as O-Train Line 1 and Line 3 when the expansions are open). The responses below are from Pat Scrimgeour, Director of Transit Customer Systems and Planning.
 
Link to post
16 hours ago, Shane said:
Hello all, I reached out to OC Transpo to get some more up to date information and clarification on Stage 2 service patterns on the Confederation Line (to be operated as O-Train Line 1 and Line 3 when the expansions are open). The responses below are from Pat Scrimgeour, Director of Transit Customer Systems and Planning.
 

Thanks for the info Shane. Seems even more complicated now then it did in March...

Link to post
  • Moderator

I don't find it particularly confusing but there is a decent amount of uncertainty in regards to frequency, which is understandable at this point.

Due to the fact that the main portion of the line will feature interlining between Line 1 and 3, it will necessitate the need to really confirm the train you are boarding is going where you want. Not only westbound but also eastbound depending on the time period. It isn't the end of the world if you catch the wrong one as you can always switch or backtrack and switch. The risk will be lowest going eastbound as you will either terminate at Blair or continue to Trim.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...