Trim

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Transportation Committee today, the City will ask the Province to build a parking structure at Trim Station to encourage commuters east of the city (Rockland, Clarence...) to park-and-ride instead of

I am not against this. The Trim park and ride lot is quite large and expansive, however if ridership does increase from those living in Rockland, etc... the lot capacity may not handle it indefinitely

I hope this parking structure could come with redevelopment of part of the Trim lot. I was hoping they would sell the entire parking lot to a developer with a condition that they would build a park-an

Transportation Committee today, the City will ask the Province to build a parking structure at Trim Station to encourage commuters east of the city (Rockland, Clarence...) to park-and-ride instead of using the city's 174. The argument is that the Province I guess "owes" the City for downloading the 174 20-odd years ago. 

Edited by J.OT13
  • Like 1

I am not against this. The Trim park and ride lot is quite large and expansive, however if ridership does increase from those living in Rockland, etc... the lot capacity may not handle it indefinitely. There is nothing worse than arriving at a park and ride lot and not finding a spot to park, or having to circle indefinitely. I have never tried Trim but back in the day, the ones at Place d'Orleans were always full by the time I would arrive to try to use it. In that case, I would eventually give up and drive the rest of the way, unable to properly park my car where I had wanted to take the bus.

A multi-level parking structure would definitely help, and if large enough should provide lots of capacity moving forward. Should such a thing be built, it should be protected to allow it to be expanded further later on as the need grows. This happened at the Airport parkade, which grew from its earlier configuration over the years to its present size.

• Like 1

Parking structure would be a really smart idea. How about we take the Bank Street Parking lot and just move it over there? Not like anyone uses it! :classic_biggrin:

Seriously, I'd like to see something along the lines of what GO does in Toronto with Bramaela Station: a nice parking structure, really close to the station entrance and integrated. Of course the middle of the road placement of the station makes it a bit more painful but I'd rather see them build it as "one item" versus two seperate things...

• Haha 1

I understand why the Bank garage was built (replace some Lansdowne parking), but I guess they never anticipated that people don't like to, you know, walk. 

I like the Bramalea Station concept. Plug the garage to the station using the ped bridge. Honestly, all park and rides should be structures to reduce the amount of surface parking and maximize TOD at each station. 

• Haha 1

I would love to see the Trim lot get compacted to a third of it's footprint by replacing it with a parking structure. It would make it easier for people to reach the station (be covered from the elements and a shorter walk even at the farthest corner).

The rest of the land could be then repurposed for other developments.

5 minutes ago, Shane said:

I would love to see the Trim lot get compacted to a third of it's footprint by replacing it with a parking structure. It would make it easier for people to reach the station (be covered from the elements and a shorter walk even at the farthest corner).

The rest of the land could be then repurposed for other developments.

Wonder if the zoning would allow for high-density like we see at Blair with Frontier/Lattitude and the other proposals. If so it could be a really nice use of space and make the whole thing more justifiable.