Confederation Line - Train Tests Spotting

40 minutes ago, occheetos said:

1119 is Bluenose (was paired with 1105)

Trains are currently dispersed pretty randomly. Some trains are less than a minute apart in one direction but 7-10 in the other.

I also noticed that 1105 has no visible name. List is nearly complete!

Updated list below:

• 01 Odawa
  • 02 Thomas D’Arcy McGee
  • 03 Eh-Train
  • 04 Emily Carr
  • 06 Bertha Wilson
  • 07 Louis Riel
  • 08 Jacques Cartier
  • 10 John McCrae
  • 11 Poppy
  • 12 Juno
  • 13 Samuel de Champlain
  • 14 Nathan Cirillo
  • 15 Acadia
  • 16 Canada Goose
  • 17 Gord Downie
  • 19 Bluenose
  • 21 Snowbird
  • 22 Logdriver
  • 23 Tundra
  • 24 Fox
  • 25 George Brown
  • 26 Agnes Macphail
  • 27 Henrietta Edwards
  • 28 The Mountie
  • 29 Boreal
  • 30 Billy Bishop
  • 31 Totem
  • 32 Maple Taffy
  • 33 Lord Stanley

Names now missing: 

(order not relevent)

Beaver

Majestic Moose

Inuksuk

Normandy

Farley Mowat

To trains: 

05 (no visible name as of April 28th)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went back today to spot some more. Very interesting day today.  #1116, #1132, #1122, #1133, #1121, #1124, #1118, #1131, #1117, #1107, #1115 were rolling.  As for the tests it appears, they w

Went for a spot yesterday (April 1st) and last Thrusday (March 28th). Yesterday they were only testing double trains at a rate of one train every 7 to 10 minutes. Also speed of the Double trains seems

I took a short video at Bayview yesterday. With the escalators, the trains and the announcements it really felt like an active transit station yesterday afternoon. I can't wait for the system to final

Posted Images

I saw some posts on Reddit this morning saying that the 12 day testing has started. Unless something drastic changed over the weekend, my last info was Friday afternoon and as far as the city was concerned at that moment the 12 day testing had not begun. Didn't sound like it was going to start for a little while longer either.

Perhaps what people are saying online is more practice testing of the scenario, rather than the handoff testing, in other words, perhaps internal RTG practice scenario testing to build confidence for doing the 12 day test in the near future.

But I'm very confident whatever is happening isn't the 12 day test that the city will pay attention to for accepting the system.

I'm not saying the other info out there is wrong, they are indeed testing and ramping up reliability but it is almost certainly not related to the actual 12 day test that the city requires and cares about most.

Yeah saw the same post, he seems to say that they are doing a “mini-version” of it, a six days exercise. But then he reports that not even 1 hour into it they already have switch issues.

Does anyone have concrete info on those switches issues? Seems to be a common thing according to the comments, but haven’t actually seen them not work properly?...

Also, if we’re talking about the same user, he has been able on many times to “demonstrate” he either is a driver, or is able to access the platforms from very close. I assume he deletes his old comments to protect himself if anything goes wrong.

Edit: on the topic of switches, have we ever heard anything during a FEDCO meeting regarding them? If it was such a big problem, would have at least been mentioned at some point?...

6 hours ago, DavidBellerive said:

Yeah saw the same post, he seems to say that they are doing a “mini-version” of it, a six days exercise. But then he reports that not even 1 hour into it they already have switch issues.

Yeah 6 day test is not the 12 day test. At FEDCO they have been very firm on the fact that it is a 12 day test. So right there if on Reddit they are talking about a 6 day test, it is not the same test that is being referred to that we are all awaiting.

In any case, next FEDCO is next Tuesday so won't be long to find out the latest.

Very encouraging to see that it is mainly doubles running the line now.

5 hours ago, Shane said:

So right there if on Reddit they are talking about a 6 day test, it is not the same test that is being referred to that we are all awaiting.

I think what he mean by this is that they are doing a "rehearsal" for 6 days before jumping into the 12 days test, assuming it goes well. We'll see though.

Allow me to just cut and paste the content of the last update, 18 April, 2019:

Train Testing

Testing and commissioning activities continue to progress:

• Testing of the CBTC (train control system) continues and 32 out of 34 vehicles have been safety certified for the onboard control system.

• The last two vehicles are forecast to complete the DPICO shortly (a test done to confirm that all equipment on the train has been installed in accordance with the specification and design).

• All 34 trains have operated on the guideway as part of the testing process.

• There is ongoing testing of coupled trains on the alignment. End-to-end performance testing is underway.

• Commissioning of the communications systems at the Transit Operation Control Centre (TOCC) is ongoing.

• Power system testing, requiring multiple vehicles travelling the length of the system, is ongoing.

• OC Transpo’s Electric Rail Operator training is progressing.

• Weekend operations are becoming a regular occurrence.

In the coming weeks, the following activities are scheduled to occur:

• Ongoing vehicle testing and practice running
  • Safety Auditor sign-off
  • Installation of public art at Tremblay Station

Source: https://www.ligneconfederationline.ca/news/construction-update-221/

Finishing touches at Rideau are not mentioned, nor whether the station has received its occupancy permit.

But my impression is that we should see some smiles at the next FEDCO meeting.

For some reason, it hasn't been posted on the cofed line website, but this update was sent out last Thursday for the week of the 22nd:

Train Testing

Significant progress continues to be made and crews are now starting to focus on the operational running of the Confederation Line as well as testing and commissioning.

• All 34 trains have completed the DPICO tests and the remaining tests will focus on Operational Scenario testing where the teams will simulate running a scheduled train service.
  • There is ongoing testing of coupled trains on the alignment. Commissioning of communications systems at the Transit Operation Control Centre (TOCC) is ongoing
  • OCTranspo is now testing the launching of trains on the guideway, similar to the activities that what will occur in revenue service.
  • OC Transpo’s Electric Rail Operator training is ongoing.
  • Weekend operations are now a regular occurrence as part of the simulated operational testing.
34 minutes ago, occheetos said:

For some reason, it hasn't been posted on the cofed line website, but this update was sent out last Thursday for the week of the 22nd:

Train Testing

Significant progress continues to be made and crews are now starting to focus on the operational running of the Confederation Line as well as testing and commissioning.

• All 34 trains have completed the DPICO tests and the remaining tests will focus on Operational Scenario testing where the teams will simulate running a scheduled train service.
  • There is ongoing testing of coupled trains on the alignment. Commissioning of communications systems at the Transit Operation Control Centre (TOCC) is ongoing
  • OCTranspo is now testing the launching of trains on the guideway, similar to the activities that what will occur in revenue service.
  • OC Transpo’s Electric Rail Operator training is ongoing.
  • Weekend operations are now a regular occurrence as part of the simulated operational testing.

Sounds like the 6 days they're aiming for right now might be the "practice plan" Manconi has mentioned previously

I noticed today that 1109 also has no visible name.

Updated list below:

• 01 Odawa
  • 02 Thomas D’Arcy McGee
  • 03 Eh-Train
  • 04 Emily Carr
  • 06 Bertha Wilson
  • 07 Louis Riel
  • 08 Jacques Cartier
  • 10 John McCrae
  • 11 Poppy
  • 12 Juno
  • 13 Samuel de Champlain
  • 14 Nathan Cirillo
  • 15 Acadia
  • 16 Canada Goose
  • 17 Gord Downie
  • 19 Bluenose
  • 21 Snowbird
  • 22 Logdriver
  • 23 Tundra
  • 24 Fox
  • 25 George Brown
  • 26 Agnes Macphail
  • 27 Henrietta Edwards
  • 28 The Mountie
  • 29 Boreal
  • 30 Billy Bishop
  • 31 Totem
  • 32 Maple Taffy
  • 33 Lord Stanley

Names now missing: 

(order not relevent)

Beaver

Majestic Moose

Inuksuk

Normandy

Farley Mowat

To trains: 

05 (no visible name as of April 28th)

09 (no visible name as of April 30th)

34 (no visible name as of April 30th)

I was at Tremblay station Friday evening  watching some trains come and go. Just before I left I noticed that a train stopped on the east bound platform and just sat there, another train came along from Hurdman and sat behind it waiting to get into the station. I went by 30 minutes later and they were both still just sitting there and another east bound train had moved over to the west bound track to get by them. Part of testing, or a train malfunction I wonder.

https://youtu.be/RhsLxF6ya3A

3 hours ago, Jim Henry said:

I was at Tremblay station Friday evening  watching some trains come and go. Just before I left I noticed that a train stopped on the east bound platform and just sat there, another train came along from Hurdman and sat behind it waiting to get into the station. I went by 30 minutes later and they were both still just sitting there and another east bound train had moved over to the west bound track to get by them. Part of testing, or a train malfunction I wonder.

https://youtu.be/RhsLxF6ya3A

What you describe is at Tremblay, station, the closest station to the Belfast Yard. could it have any link to this? https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/lrt-train-derails-at-belfast-yards-no-one-injured