Antoine

2039 Rapid Transit

Posted (edited)

Hey all! I added one of the possible alignments for the Gatineau-Aylmer tram on my 2039 transit map. I also assume an underground tunnel for Lyon and Parliament. Let me know what you think!  https://imgur.com/gallery/JM57dUL

ottawa_map-1.jpg

Edited by Antoine

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for behind the scenes looks and video content : www.youtube.com/railfans

That looks great! I hope the STO tram line(s) will be branded as part of the O-Train system. La ligne 3, couleur bleu, Portage. 

39 minutes ago, J.OT13 said:

Just one thing missing from your map as far as I can tell, and that's the Baseline Transitway. 

That's right! Knew I forgot something... However, I saw recently that the Baseline portion had been postponed, apparently the public found that the project as presented would result in too much traffic and noise. I'll still add it on the map why not

I highly doubt STO would be using the MacDonald-Cartier or the Alexandra bridge for Alymer's buses. Especially not just stopping at rideau. The doesn't really server the population that well, and would force a lot of them to transfer onto OC Transpo to get to work downtown. The buses will 100% go down some street (one of the 3 loops the STO has stated, and most likely the Green or Orange one).

10 hours ago, corynv said:

I highly doubt STO would be using the MacDonald-Cartier or the Alexandra bridge for Alymer's buses. Especially not just stopping at rideau. The doesn't really server the population that well, and would force a lot of them to transfer onto OC Transpo to get to work downtown. The buses will 100% go down some street (one of the 3 loops the STO has stated, and most likely the Green or Orange one).

Yeah, I'm not sure how they'll deal with this. The entire goal of a tram-tunnel and the confederation line is to remove all rush-hour buses from downtown right, so I reaaally hope that in the 2030s the city of Ottawa won't allow Gatineau to operate surface buses during rush-hour.

On 2020-07-05 at 10:12 PM, Antoine said:

Yeah, I'm not sure how they'll deal with this. The entire goal of a tram-tunnel and the confederation line is to remove all rush-hour buses from downtown right, so I reaaally hope that in the 2030s the city of Ottawa won't allow Gatineau to operate surface buses during rush-hour.

Until all of gatineau has access to LRT (meaning rapibus is converted) that won't happen. They've already said they'll continue operating the rapibus routes into ottawa (which does reduce the over all # of buses, just not eliminate them completely). Especially with Alymer being the fastest growing part of the city.

Nicely done Antoine. Where is Martin's Corners in the east end? Wouldn't mind seeing it one day hit Clarence Creek and Rockland with some park and rides, but that's never going to happen.

• Like 1

Thanks! Martin's Corners is the name of the neighborhood between Trim and Cumberland.

That stretch of bus-lane/at-grade transitway is one of my speculative additions to the TMP. There are major housing projects over there, so I feel like the population density of the area would justify at least some bus lanes and a park and ride. I thought about adding a park and ride in Cumberland, but because of the way land parcels are setup, there will never be a high enough density to require more than just express buses.

And you're right, unless Rockland pays for a transit project, there'll never be outer-Ottawa connections.

Glad to see the Heron/Walkley BRT added! (although in the TMP it continues to Elmvale, and I think it's unlikely we'll ever see a Park and Ride at Walkley and Conroy)

Just now, occheetos said:

Glad to see the Heron/Walkley BRT added! (although in the TMP it continues to Elmvale, and I think it's unlikely we'll ever see a Park and Ride at Walkley and Conroy)

I only added about half of the Walkley BRT; honestly I'm not even sure the project will ever go ahead, there's been no assessment and there doesn't seem to be much interest to invest in transit in that area.

I added the park and ride, as they might want to take advantage of all this vacant land (see pic).

image.png.65abd389ea72ccd645a7c96ffbd879b6.png

Nice routing, I particularily like the caracteristic loop around at Kirkwood due to the Queensway.

Small question, it is mostly self explanatory however how would it get between Bronson and Lansdowne? Would it be tunneled or surface down Bank?