Shane

We would like your help to build Metro Fans, SkyTrain Fans and Subway Fans!

We would like your help to build Metro Fans, SkyTrain Fans and Subway Fans!

Our original site, O-Train Fans has been going strong for over 2 years time and we are now expanding to Montreal (Metro Fans), Vancouver (SkyTrain Fans) and Toronto (Subway Fans) and would like your help. We are looking for passionate volunteer contributors to help snap photos and write informational pages on the trains and stations. 

Whether you want to help by contributing one train or station, several or many, your time and effort helps us build our sites, filled with information for transit and enthusiasts as well as the general public.

If you would like to join and help contribute, please reach out to us by sending an email to [email protected]. Thank you for your time and consideration!

• Like 2

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for behind the scenes looks and video content : www.youtube.com/railfans

Discussions on buses can take place in the respective categories on the forums (ie. OC Transpo / STO, STM, TransLink or TTC).

The sites themselves are aimed towards Rail and at this time, there is not a plan for comparable coverage on buses. Not to say there will never be special features or videos for bus from time to time, but I think that it would be rare.

There has been some questions (asked elsewhere) and I would like to take a moment to clarify an important point regarding O-Train fans and the new sites that are planned to launch.

Metro Fans will definitely go ahead. The Toronto and Vancouver sites are very much dependent on getting enough interest from people to help contribute both text and photos, as being from Ottawa, I am not in a position physically to be able to cover them as I have done here.

There are quite a few Vancouver focused YouTube channels (transit and urban issues). A few of those also cover Toronto in part. It might be worth connecting with them to gauge interest. 

• RMTransit
  • T2P Films
  • MetroElfren
  • About Here

No confirmed volunteers yet for but I do go to Montreal so often and my time on the Metro probably equals that on the O-Train so with or without volunteers I would still build Metro Fans... it may just take longer, and right now with the Covid...

Overall, there has already been some people voicing interest in contributing for all three sites so far, which is great.

But I will check those two people out! Thanks for the heads up.

berri.jpg.e596e2ed606b22796334f74d28eebe0d.jpg

Favorite station no less!