Shane

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Discussions on St-Laurent Station.

St-Laurent Station artwork reinstallation St-Laurent Station is home to three large, immersive murals painted by Andrew Morrow that depict re-imagined Canadian histories. Two of the murals are lo

I love the paintings but the current are too reflective to my taste. Hopefully, the new method will make the prints and details more visible (and less reflective). I love the paintings but the current

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Over the past few years I've been collecting the renders RTG and the city would put out with the idea that I would compare them to what has actually been built. I went out today and did the first batch of stations and images. I still have more images to process but here's an initial look at renders compared to reality for St-Laurent

St Laurent.jpg

St Laurent2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Shane changed the title to St-Laurent
  • 4 weeks later...

St-Laurent Station artwork reinstallation

St-Laurent Station is home to three large, immersive murals painted by Andrew Morrow that depict re-imagined Canadian histories. Two of the murals are located on the westbound platform, while the third is a corner-split mural on the eastbound platform.

The murals are large-scale digital prints that have been reproduced on a vinyl canvass with a protective plexiglass cover. A buildup of moisture has been frequently observed that requires ongoing maintenance of both the art and its protective treatments.

In close collaboration with the artist, crews will be removing the plexiglass-covered vinyl prints and replacing them with the same large-scale digital print on a vinyl aluminum composite substrate material.

Work is anticipated to take place nightly between 12:30 AM and 5:30 AM starting the week of August 3. Should work be required during the day, it will be coordinated by OC Transpo and Rideau Transit Maintenance to minimize the impact on operations and transit customers.

This reinstallation effort will remove the need for the plexiglass cover, decrease maintenance, and result in a more resilient and vibrant art display for transit riders to enjoy in the years to come.

image.png.9aa98ad556f72d570e79680979dedbed.png

• Like 1

I love the paintings but the current are too reflective to my taste. Hopefully, the new method will make the prints and details more visible (and less reflective). I love the paintings but the current are too reflective to my taste. Hopefully, the new method will make the prints and details more visible (and less reflective). 

• Like 1