O-Train Line 1 (Confederation Line) - LIVESTREAM - Near Blair Station

Enjoy this all-day, all-weather, all-season livestream of Ottawa's O-Train Line 1 (Confederation Line). Utilizing the Alstom Citadis Spirit LRV, it is the busiest LRT line in North America carrying up to 180,000 weekday riders. 

Opened in September 2019, the 12.5km line replaced the busiest rapid bus transit in North America, reducing GES and road traffic while improving capacity and frequency for its users. 

You can view trains traveling to and from Blair Station, the eastern terminus of O-Train Line 1 (Confederation Line), located less than 200m east of this camera's position. To the west, approximately 1300m away is Cyrville station. 

A very special thank you to @DavidBellerive (Twitter @Dbellerive15) for hosting and operating this camera for Rail Fans.

--------------- 

--------------- 

This topic is to discuss the livestream, observations, and other related points of discussion.

If you have a clear view of the O-Train track and alignment, please get in touch as we would love to add additional camera positions. (https://www.railfans.ca/forum/contact/)

• Shane changed the title to O-Train Livestream
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am more than pleased to "sponsor" this first livestream camera on the O-Train! Not only a first for RailFans, but also for Ottawa!   For those curious about the setup and wondering if you

I am more than pleased to "sponsor" this first livestream camera on the O-Train! Not only a first for RailFans, but also for Ottawa!

For those curious about the setup and wondering if you can do the same from your place!

Camera positioning: inside, behind a window (you can probably observe the slight color shift due to glass reflection. Inside a "black bag" to remove undesired reflections.

Camera: Reolink RLC-520 or you can use any RTSP enabled camera. I am recording at 1440p.

Software: OBS running on a older windows PC. Encoder settings are as follow: 6000kbps, Quicksync H.264, Quality Preset.

Camera is using a POE injector and then is attached to my local network, which OBS taps onto to provide the stream.

If you have any question or suggestion, feel free to let me know by tagging me, or simply sending a private message here or on the Discord!

• Thanks 1
  • Shane changed the title to O-Train Line 1 (Confederation Line) - LIVESTREAM - Near Blair Station
  • Shane unpinned this topic