Will the Cumberland-Transitway get built?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's amazing to think as well that it took until 2006 to get a peak period route in that area connected to downtown without the surcharge, then said peak period route (94 Cumberland/Tunney's Pasture)

Posted Images

Nope, not that I know. IDK why they would even want to build a Transitway in between 1 frequent and 1 Local route (Route 25 on Innes and Route 30 on Brian Coburn). Would be pointless to build a Transitway unless they want to create a new route for it. People of Innes and Brian Coburn would not appreciate losing local service, having to walk farther to the new Transitway.

6 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

People of Innes and Brian Coburn would not appreciate losing local service, having to walk farther to the new Transitway.

Actually being one of these people, and all my friends and family being these people, I can tell you we would love to have this Transitway. It would cut at least 25minutes from any trips to downtown, and that's without counting the wait time for all the current highly unreliable bus services.

Pros:

- relieve traffic on Innes

- remove dependency on highly unreliable local service, only providing a connection to Place d'Orleans.

- provide a faster direct route to downtown

- provide a faster route than Innes to RioCan shopping district

- provide a higher bus frequency for south-Orleans

- relieve traffic on overcrowded routes in North-Olreans

Cons:

- cost

- extra noise on the current location of the multi-use pathway

I don't think this, or any of the planned Transitways will be built anytime soon. The City is obsessed with Stage 3, even though the new Transitways would be far more beneficial. At this point, it's all on the Feds to decide what gets funding and what doesn't. 

I remember this being discussed for longer than I can remember. I know the area very well where it would be located. It was always pitched as a rapid transit corridor, with a train.... although scaling it back to just a bus is perfectly fine and would serve these growing communities better that keep extending out further and further south. Amazing how this area has changed in the last 20 years.

11 hours ago, Shane said:

I remember this being discussed for longer than I can remember. I know the area very well where it would be located. It was always pitched as a rapid transit corridor, with a train.... although scaling it back to just a bus is perfectly fine and would serve these growing communities better that keep extending out further and further south. Amazing how this area has changed in the last 20 years.

It's amazing to think as well that it took until 2006 to get a peak period route in that area connected to downtown without the surcharge, then said peak period route (94 Cumberland/Tunney's Pasture) became a regular Route (94 Tunney's Pasture/Millennium) in 2007!

Edited by Loud-Invero
  • Like 1